Monday, February 27, 2012

Creative Flow

It's been a slow start on the creative front this year, but I feel the creative flow coming back! It helps that we have a routine down with the new baby, and I now have a little more time to sew.
I have participated in my first swap that was hosted by Kris at dandelionquilts.blogspot.com. It was a lot of fun, and I can't wait for the next one! This is a talented group of ladies! Check out some of the other bags here. I was partnered up with Leslie from http://lesquilts.blogspot.com/. She made a cute set of bags in bright fruity colours and enclosed some yummy treats too.
She told me her favorite colour was blue, so I chose some sweet Kate Spain Terrain for her two bags.
I also made an apron for a dear friend, but I was so excited to get it to her ,I forgot to take a picture before I mailed it off. It turned out very cute and I was very happy with it!
And lastly, I finally put some orphan blocks to use and made a mini quilt for my daughter. It will be perfect to fit in her car seat for now, and will make a great dollie blanket later. I had made a bunch of the blocks from Thimble Blossoms Mini Wild Thing pattern, but I got bored with them and they sat in a box for two years. I am happy they have been put to use. That counts as stash busting right?


No comments:

Post a Comment